The Illinois Bankers Association is proud to announce the 2023 Illinois Bankers Scholarship and the Linda J. Koch Scholarship recipients.
The Illinois Bankers Scholarship program and the Linda J. Koch Scholarship fund are administered through the Illinois Bankers Association and are awarded to high school graduates or college students seeking a degree in the financial services sector. The Illinois Bankers Association has announced that six students have been selected as awardees of the prestigious Illinois Bankers Scholarship for the year 2023, and an additional two students have been awarded the esteemed Linda J. Koch Scholarship.
2023 Illinois Bankers Scholarship recipients include:
- Peter Anast, Prospect High School | sponsored by PNC Bank
- Drake Goetten, Jerseyville Community High School | sponsored by Carrollton Bank
- Ashley Heagy, Lasalle Peru High School | sponsored by Peru Federal Savings Bank
- William Tang, Whitney M. Young Magnet High School | sponsored by International Bank of Chicago
- Gavin Ward, Brother Rice High School | sponsored by U.S. Bank, National Association
- Jillian Doherty, Saint Viator High School | sponsored by Busey Bank
2023 Linda J. Koch Scholarship recipients include:
- Brady Donovan, Pontiac Township High School | sponsored by Bank of Pontiac
- Raina Ford, Fenwick High School | sponsored by Chase Bank
Applicants must be sponsored by an IBA member financial institution and demonstrate an interest in a future career in banking. To qualify for the Linda J. Koch Scholarship, candidates must also exhibit exceptional leadership and service attributes in addition to meeting other eligibility requirements.
“These scholarships are not only a testament to the academic achievements of our recipients, but also celebrate the interest and passion for learning more about the financial services sector,” said David Brandon, Chairman of the IBA Scholarship Committee. “These students have the potential to become future leaders in banking and we’re excited to foster young aspiration in the industry.”
The Illinois Bankers Scholarship Fund was established in 2019, with the mission of fostering interest and funding the educational pursuits of students interested in the field of banking. The Linda J. Koch Scholarship was established in 2021, in honor of the former president and CEO of the IBA. For more information on the scholarships or to apply for next year’s scholarship opportunities, visit Illinois.bank.